New Yorker's are slammed with the highest cost of living in the United States! Though we love the city and all that it offers, we also LOVE to save a buck. Check out my top 5 ways you can save money while living in NYC!
1. Stay fit this winter by taking a spin class at FLYWHEEL in the UWS, UES, or Flatiron. Your first class is free, which is a savings of $32! If you want to continue spinning after your first class, there are plenty of Groupons with offers to gyms and other studios to keep yourself looking good on a budget. Cuddle season is here and we all need to look tight!
2. Keep your apartment looking new with a fresh paint job! Check out SHERWIN WILLIAMS on W. 21st street between 6th/7th Ave and ask to see the MISTINTS. For $1 a gallon, you can buy a different color for every room for less than a latte! If you need a painter, give me a call (yes, I also a paint) or do-it-yourself!
3. Thought there was no such thing as a free lunch? Think again! LevelUp is one of the best things that came to NYC! Download the app on your iPhone or Android and save time and money by paying with your device. Refer a friend and save an extra $5 per referral. Use my code to sign up today: QGX36F
|Receipt from my lunch today at Bite.|
4. Looking to pick up some things at Target or Ikea but don't want to schlep bags on the subway? Check out the 'night owl' special at ZIPCAR and rent a car for only $40 from 6PM - 8:30AM, Monday - Thursday. If you aren't a member, let me know and I can hook you up with a $25 driving credit.
5. NYC is the fashion capital of the world! Keep yourself looking fab and on trend at half the price by shopping at consignment stores. Instead of paying retail prices at luxury boutiques and department stores, support local businesses and sellers to find high-end items at a great price. Check out MISSiNNA on Orchard St. in the LES the next time you are looking to buy or sell!
|Stylish designer resale boutique owned by the gorgeous Inna herself!|